libc6: did it move from unstable to testing?

I'm running a strictly testing box, and just a bit ago I did an apt-get
update and apt-get dist upgrade, and before I knew it, the system
was downloading 89 upgrades, one of which was libc6 ver 2.3.1-14.

But when I go to packages.debian.org, and look at the libc6 debs in
there, I see that it clearly says that ver 2.3.1-14 is still unstable,
and that testing should be 2.2.5-14.3.

Normally an upgrade like this is good stuff, but this time it caused me
some problems, namely it uninstalled php4.

So I'm a bit lost.  Did I mess something up?  Or was libc6 or something
else moved from unstable to testing just a bit early?

Not quite sure whether I should try to back track and get back to libc6
ver 2.2.5-14.3 so I can get my php4 back, or whether there's another way
of getting this done without going to a totally sid box.

Thanks
Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner