Re: stung by dependancies

I had problems with some compiled GTK apps on unstable, which required different libs ( png problems ), what i did was get hold of those libs and dropped them into /usr/local/lib/gtk_fix i then set up scripts for the couple of programs that need to use those libs as follows
-----

#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/gtk_fix
/usr/local/bin/gqmpeg

-----

they now run properly and use the libs pointed to by LD_LIBRARY_PATH , you may be able to do similar with
 your program and the libs it requires.

Marlin Unruh wrote:

I would like to switch from an RPM based package handling distro. In fact I installed a debian distro, but uninstalled it because one of the main programs I use is for drawing schematics and PCB. It uses some old components, ld-linux.so.1 and libc-5.3.12-3, both in RPM form. Is there any way I can install them in a debian distro?
Please help! I want to switch, bad.

Marlin