adding mime support for viewing ps.gz attachments

Dear People,

/usr/lib/mime/packages/gv

has only the following lines

application/postscript; /usr/bin/X11/gv %s; test=test -n "$DISPLAY";
description=postscript

application/ghostview; /usr/bin/X11/gv %s; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"
application/pdf; /usr/bin/X11/gv %s; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"

However, gv views ps.gz (postscript files compressed with gzip) just
fine, presumably uncompressing them on the fly. Can anyone tell me
what the appropriate line would be to add to tell applications to view
ps.gz files using gv as well? Just sticking in ps.gz in the place of
postscript does not seem to do the trick. If I can figure out how to
do this, I'll make this a wishlist bug for gv. Thanks.

                                                Faheem.