Re: Subj: CUPS (configuration problem for NON-root) only root can print properly

Thanks for answer.

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, nate wrote:

> iks_kzm said:
> >
> > How one can configure printer for NON-root user?
>
> be sure you only have 1 print spooler installed. e.g. lpr/lprng
> should not be installed.
in /var/spool/
I have
 lpd/hplj120
 and lpd/postscript
and

cups

> /etc/printcap should be empty and/or have the contents of
Now I have /etc/printcap empty
> /etc/printcap.cups (/etc/cups has a config file where you can
> tell it to write info to /etc/printcap instead of /etc/printcap.cups)
printcap.cups
has the following entry
HP_Laserjet_1200:

> beyond that theres no configuration needed for non root users, I don't
> think I've even printed as user root with the exception of the cups
> test pages through the HTTP admin interface.
>
> this assumes your running woody. sarge or sid may be different.

debian 3.0 is  equivalent to woody?

Still I have the same problem: non-root user does not print
properly (gray colour is printed as black).

Any other clue?

Jan