Re: Subj: CUPS (configuration problem for NON-root) only root can print properly

iks_kzm said:

> How one can configure printer for NON-root user?

be sure you only have 1 print spooler installed. e.g. lpr/lprng
should not be installed.

/etc/printcap should be empty and/or have the contents of
/etc/printcap.cups (/etc/cups has a config file where you can
tell it to write info to /etc/printcap instead of /etc/printcap.cups)

beyond that theres no configuration needed for non root users, I don't
think I've even printed as user root with the exception of the cups
test pages through the HTTP admin interface.

this assumes your running woody. sarge or sid may be different.

nate