Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.
- From: Klaus Imgrund <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 07:40:12 -0300
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <3E5B1562.email@example.com> <1046159937.6900.10.camel@ninja> <3E5B60B0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <3E5B9D16.email@example.com> <20030225182441.B17439@sccs.swarthmore.edu> <3E5C7660.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030226101247.A25702@sccs.swarthmore.edu> <3E5D8652.email@example.com> <20030226230118.A14873@sccs.swarthmore.edu> <3E5D91CD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030227001546.A7619@sccs.swarthmore.edu> <3E5DBB5B.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:46:50 +0100
Michael Bona <email@example.com> wrote:
> I have tried to get DHCP working on an SIS900 (on an Elitegroup K7S5A) for
> quite some time (Debina, Gentoo). No such luck. DHCP works with Windows but
> not Linux. Normal networking (with static IP) is fine, just no DCHP.
I just did a gentoo install - thus the late reply (these things compile forever) and dhcp works fine with my sis900 at the install - had it running in chrooted environment for more than a day w/o hickups.
I didn't work however when I booted from the new OS but that was a first.
With debian I never had a problem with it either with the regular netinstall.
With the 'testing netinstall' CD I didn't have any luck with it.
With Libranet using pump it is more than flaky - gets disconnected every other minute and I have to restart the connection.
With mandrake there where similar problems with dhclient.