Re: Dummy

Teilhard Knight wrote:

Kent West wrote:

But
natively, Debian doesn't use the .rpm format
(although it can in many cases with the "alien" package).
Thanks a lot, Kent. A friend of mine told me Debian takes Red Hat drivers
and to install it as simply as: rpm -ivh package_name. This must be news for
you, so maybe I, through my friend, am contributing something. :o)

Wow! You're right; I didn't know about the rpm command being on Debian. But sure enough, it's on my box, and the man page says indicates that it'll install rpms.

Cool.

Kent