RE: Dummy

Teilhard Knight wrote:

>Also, the installation cannot detect my external USB modem (I have one
>internal, but it is a Win Modem, so I have no hopes to use it in
Linux). But
>I have the Linux drivers (.rpm), but I do not have the slightest idea
of how
>to install them.  Can you also help here?

It may not rank high among your concerns, but there is spotty support
for Win Modems. A week ago with help from this list I just installed  an
HSP56 MicroModem I bought from CompUSA (which was not identified as a
Win Modem) and it's been running fine

If you want to pursue this, give the list a detailed description of the
modem

--
David