Dummy

Hello. I hope you do not mind a real dummy hanging around here. I know
nothing about Linux or Unix, but I want to learn. I hardly know a couple of
command-line commands, so I am in need to get an X Window in my GNU Debian I
have been trying to install. I must be doing something wrong in the
installation. For example, I have a modest NVIDIA TNT2 64/64 pro, I do not
know which, but it is not that important. In the list of graphics cards once
I chose "nv" for the card, and in another try I chose something else I don't
remember. Can you tell me what is the right choice?

Also, the installation cannot detect my external USB modem (I have one
internal, but it is a Win Modem, so I have no hopes to use it in Linux). But
I have the Linux drivers (.rpm), but I do not have the slightest idea of how
to install them.  Can you also help here?

Lastly, I would like to know what is the PS/2 (mice) port in Linux. I chose
"/input/mice", is this correct?

Thanks, and again, I hope you do not mind my dummy questions.

--
Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial

Who ate my sandwich?