Re: ATA raid install

hi ya

if you're using the fastrack raid pci card ...
it needs the promise series drivers

if you're using the onboard raid ( bios-based ) controller
.. dont bother ...  unless you have lots of time and "hair"
and/or you could get lucky with that version of the bios

- be sure that the partitions you create are "FD" type
  and NOT 82(linux)   ( 83 is swap )

(my) raid tests..
	-- pull /dev/hda	-- it should boot w/o intervention
	-- pull /dev/hdc 	-- it should boot w/o intervention

	-- add a fresh /dev/hda and see if it resyncs and can still boot

	-- now write data to the disks and simulate a disk failure
		hdparm -s 0  /dev/hda to put it to sleep(shutdown)
	  and see if you have good data or lost files

and if you still want to do raid ... because the bios raid failed...
	just use /dev/hda and /dev/hdc  as normal disk and
	use software raid instead ...  ( turn off the bios-based raid )

raid stuff...
	http://www.1U-Raid5.net

c ya
alvin