ATA raid install

I've been wading though the various howtos and list archives and could
use some advice.  I have a GA-7VAXP Gigabyte motherboard with on-board
ATA raid.  I've got the disks set up with MBFastrack 2+0 stripe.

Should I be attempting this with stable/testing/unstable?  Does anyone
have a floppy set up for preloading the modules and kernel I need?  What
modules do I actually need?  Any advice or links would be appreciated.
Thanks,
kent

--
To know the truth is to distort the Universe.
                      Alfred N. Whitehead (adaptation)