Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2003 #721

vi /etc/init.d/hdparm.sh

#!/bin/bash
hdparm -d 1 /dev/hdc

:wq

chmod a+x /etc/init.d/hdparm.sh

ln -s /etc/init.d/hdparm.sh /etc/rc2.d/S90hdparm

That is assuming your default runlevel is 2.

Dan

Subject:
Setting hdparm parameters on boot
From:
Jeff Elkins <jeffelkins@earthlink.net>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:22:16 -0500
To:
debian-user@lists.debian.org

I'm trying to set the parameter: 'hdparm -d 1 /dev/hdc' upon boot. I created a script 'hdcparm' in init.d and attempted using update-rc.d to create a S99hdcparm script in my runlevels, and while it creates the link, it doesn't seem to 'take.' I still have to apply it manually for the setting to work.
Have I missed something here?

Thanks

Jeff Elkins
http://www.elkins.org