Re: ipchains not logging to syslog

I saw this when I first installed Debian 3.0r0.  I did find out how to
stop the logging to the 1st VT.  Edit /etc/init.d/klogd.  On line 13 is
an assignment to KLOGD.  Put "-c 4" in the quotes.  This logs only
info and above to the console.  I don't know what I did that started
logging to syslog.  There are still oddities, firewall events that
show up in the logs days after the fact.

HTH,
  Jeffrey