RE: manglement-compatible comparison of SuSE vs. Debian

Why switch?  SuSE is a great product, and easy to support.  I would probably
recommend a business go with a commercial distro like SuSE as opposed to a
devout hobbyist/community based distro like Debian.

On 26-Feb-2003 Robert Waldner wrote:

> One of our customers runs his firewall on SuSE. This is, obvious to any
>  Debian user, not what one wants to support.
>
> However, in order to be able to convince him that changing to Debian
>  would be a Good(tm) idea, I need a management-compatible comparison,
>  preferrably from a third party. If it features a lot of buzzwords like
>  "TCO", "maintenance costs" etc, even better ;)
>
> So, if some kind soul round here has a fitting URL at hand, please toss
>  it my way. google was not very helpful in that regard, as what I found
>  is either way too far in the technical details, or aimed at the
>  switching-from-windos desktop-focused audience.
>
> cheers+TIA,
> &rw
> --
> / Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
> \   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /

Arlen Carlson <arlen@carlsontech.net>

To any truly impartial person, it would be obvious that I am always right.

This message was sent by XFmail (Linux)

                        -o)
                        /\\
                       _\_v