Re: Mouse not working in GPM or X

Hugh Saunders wrote:
On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 03:02:23PM -0500, Rowland Darbin wrote:

I installed XFree86 -configure and it tells me that it can't find my mouse. So I installed gpm. When gpm is running and I move around the mouse, I don't get a curser, I get a white line on the top of the screen and a bunch of new lines as if I kept hitting enter. I replaced the mouse with another PS2 mouse and got the same result it is a MS IntelliMouse. I am using the kernel that came with the default 1.44 floppy install v3.0.

Any suggestions, questions, comments, or rude remarks would be very helpful.

1. stuff gpm [theres the rude remark]
2. I wouldnt bother with an X configure program either, just vim /etc/X11/XFree86-4
   In the configured mouse section make sure device is /dev/psaux
3. make sure you kill gpm before starting X unless you set X to read
   /dev/gpmdata.

The advantage of XFree86 -configure is that it gives you a list
of options for the video card.