Re: manglement-compatible comparison of SuSE vs. Debian

On 26 Feb 2003 18:10:30 GMT, Harvey Kelly writes:
>But, and please forgive my newbie-ignorance :) why do you want him to
>switch?  Surely the fact that he's running SuSE and seems happy with it
>should be enough?  Debian and SuSE are both Linux after all - different
>flavours of course, but not that far apart.

SuSE is a PITA to keep up-to-date compared with the simplicity and
 beauty of having security.d.o in sources.list and a one-line cron-job.

Besides, Debian doesn't crap my hand-crafted config-files, and,
 probably the most important point: I *know* Debian.

>Now if he was running Mandrake, then I'd understand...

I'm in the position to never have touched Mandrake, thanks $deity.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /