Re: packages being kept back during upgrade

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:38:10 -0500
Josh Metzler <joshdeb@metzlers.org> wrote:

> If so, it probably means that the packages that were kept back conflict
> with some other package on your system that would need to be removed to
> upgrade these.  To see which one, do
>
> apt-get -s dist-upgrade
>
> the dist-upgrade will remove the necessary packages to satisfy the
> conflicts. the -s option makes apt-get pretend to do this, so you can
> see what package(s) will be removed.

Alternatively
apt-get -u dist-upgrade
Will list the packages to be removed, and those to be added as well as
those to upgrade and then ask whether you want to go ahead.

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james@tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering