Re: spamassassin - three basic questions

At 2003-02-21T17:16:37Z, Levi Waldron <levi.waldron@utoronto.ca> writes:

> It takes about 5-10 seconds per message, so before I started filtering my
> debian-user messages before processing, it was prohibitive.

I see the same thing on my GHz+ Athlon server.  However, the process spends
about 99.9% of that time waiting for something such as a DNS request to
finish; I can process 15-20 incoming emails simultaneously in the same
5-second window without a detectable load on the machine.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.