Re: spamassassin - three basic questions

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:11:00AM -0600, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> At 2003-02-21T13:29:45Z, Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com> writes:
> > 1. how to i tell spamassassin *not to* process some messages? for
> > instance, debain mailing list, i understand, is already processed for
> > spam. no use spamming it again

Maybe not necessary, but, unless your mailserver is horribly slow,
it'll be done so quick that it's not going to hurt anything anyhow.

> whitelist_from *@lists.debian.org

That was my first thought, but, if you look at the headers of this
message, you will see

 From: Dave Sherohman <esper@sherohman.org>

Although I haven't tested it, I would not expect spamassassin to
start checking other headers to see if they match whitelist_from
directives.

Also, even if this works, it does not prevent spamassassin from
scanning the message, which is what Sandip appears to want.
Whitelisting someone just causes sa to subtract 100 from the score of
their messages.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that