Re: nslookup --- which package?

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 01:59:02PM -0600, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> IMO, this is a real shame...  I always used host for 1-shot lookups
> and nslookup for deeper troubleshooting or when I wanted an
> interactive interface for some other reason.

host(1) does everything that nslookup(1) did, but does it with easier
to understand command line options and nicer output.  I know ex-bobs
with Excite@Home like to joke that host(1) killed @Home, since
nslookup was deprecated in it's favor shortly before we all found out
that AT&T, Comcast and Cox had colluded against us and we were all
fscked.  It's been 16 months since I got laid off, and I still haven't
unpacked the box I packed my cubicle into.

> of the suggested nslookup replacements (dig and host) has this
> functionality.

Umm, host is a full replacement for nslookup.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user