Re: Open Office 1.0.2 formats differently on different OSes

Gianfranco Berardi said:

> It was now three pages, and the table on the first page now spanned to
> the second page.  Naturally the "Truman County" was not at the very top
> of the document anymore.
> This pushed the bottom of the second document onto a third page.

I haven't used openoffice much but I do use staroffice 6 often. since
staroffice is based on openoffice this may apply.

I noticed last year when typing my resume(several weeks later actually)
that staroffice was defaulting to A4 paper size which gives the results
you describe(I saw it when I printed my resume on LETTER paper). Once
I changed the page format to LETTER in star office, I had to remove
some stuff(to make it fit on the smaller page), and it's been fine
ever since.

so my suggestion: check your paper size settings.

The win32 version of openoffice may do something to query the printer
settings to get paper size or may default to LETTER..

nate