Re: VMWare package

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 02:07:35PM -0500, Gregory Seidman wrote:
> } With the correct patch, yes? Without the patch pointed to here, VMware
> } refuses to recompile its modules.
>
> Er, no. I am running VMWare 3.2, unpatched, on a 2.4.20 kernel. It works
> just fine, and the vmware-config.pl compiled its modules happily. It may or
> may not be relevant that both the kernel and the modules are compiled with
> gcc 3.2. I am running a testing/unstable mix.

VMWare modules are a little picky.  From my experiance, all of the
following must be true for the modules to compile right in
vmware-config.pl

Before starting--
* You must be running the kernel you want to compile for.
* You must be using the same version of gcc for VMWare as you did the
  kernel.
* You must have kernel headers for the kernel you're running.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user