Re: VMWare package

Jeff Elkins sez:
} On Tuesday 18 February 2003 10:00 am, Alex Malinovich wrote:
} >Is there some sort of a problem with vmware and 2.4.20? I've been
} >running it on 3 systems with 2.4.20 for a little over a month now with
} >no problems.
}
} With the correct patch, yes? Without the patch pointed to here, VMware
} refuses to recompile its modules.

Er, no. I am running VMWare 3.2, unpatched, on a 2.4.20 kernel. It works
just fine, and the vmware-config.pl compiled its modules happily. It may or
may not be relevant that both the kernel and the modules are compiled with
gcc 3.2. I am running a testing/unstable mix.

} Jeff Elkins
--Greg