RE: setting up a modem device

Just in case others are also making use of the answers on this list: the
correct link is www.linmodems.org.

And thanks, Ken, as that gives me a point to start from! :)

Jos

Try this URL instead:

http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/dists/debian/8.00a3/

Almost all Toshibas have Lucent chipsets in their winmodems. The guy that owns this website has developed a driver (but it uses some closed source proprietary code, checkout www.heby.de for more details).

Be sure and download the version that corresponds to the kernel that you are using. If you have a custom kernel, then you can download a partial source dsitribution from the main website and that will allow you to compile a module. The core code for the modem doesn't change, just the interface to the kernel.

install the .deb with 'dpkg -i ltmodem****.deb'

Hope this helps.

-Roberto Sanchez