Re: Explorer-type file manager

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:54:38PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Trying to ease the transition to Linux for the family, I'd like a
> MS Windows-like Explorer file manager, both in look and usage.

Have you taken a look at KDE or Gnome?  KDE in sid is up to 3.1 if you
ignore the kde metapackage and rough it manually.  I'm liking the new
KDE, but the default theme that got the nasty window-manager elements
from a strange QNX theme, colors from a MacOS 9 theme gone wrong, and
the feel of Windows Explorer in "view as Web Page" mode.  Yes, this
can be easily changed to something sane.

I'm also liking how easy it is to enable anti-aliasing.  I now have
sub-pixel anti-aliasing and my text is now absurdly sharp and easy to
read.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user