Re: Explorer-type file manager

Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

-- Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote
(on Monday, 17 February 2003, 03:54 PM -0800):
Trying to ease the transition to Linux for the family, I'd like a
MS Windows-like Explorer file manager, both in look and usage.

   nautilus (GNOME filemanager -- also web browser, as it utilizes
       mozilla)

I've heard/read that several times, but it's never worked as a web browser for me. It just shows the raw HTML. Must have something set up improperly . . . .

konqueror (yes, it'll run from icewm), gmc, maybe xftree. xfm, ytree, nautilus, gnome-commander, emelfm. I think the most Window-ish is probably konqueror.