Re: Permissions on source package

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 08:11:08AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
>
> [Please don't send me private copies of list mail.]

Sorry, I have a hard time keeping track of who likes cc and who doesn't.

Personally, I actually like the cc's on lists that are sometimes slow, but
I don't want duplicates.  Luckily there's procmail.  I'm sure you know
this:

    :0 Wh: msgid.lock
    | /usr/bin/formail -D 8192 $HOME/msgid.cache

> > Finally, I suppose if 0.9.3-3 shows up in the debian sources then my next
> > dist-upgrade will overwrite my local version, correct?
>
> Yes. You can use an epoch in your local version if you want to avoid
> that.

I'm sorry.  I don't follow.  Can you give an example?

And if 0.9.3-3 shows up it will replace my version of 0.9.3-2+local.1?

> > It would be nice if a dist-upgrade could warn me that a new package is
> > available, and then I could download the source again, apply my changes
> > and rebuild again.
>
> Sounds like you want something like apt-src.

I think I want a way that I see if apt-get dist-upgrade is going to
replace my 0.9.3-2+local.1 package.

Thanks very much for the help,

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org