Hard Internet conexion in woody laptop

Hello!!

I'm using woody in a laptop

But I  haven't been lucky setting  it up to sail  Internet, because when
I'm in a network connected to Internet  I'm able to ping the gateway but
not to sail.

I've just bought a real rs232 external  modem but I get the same result.
I ping the gateway with no  problems but not getting the browser working
out.

I've tried two official kernels and a  custom one but it is the same: no
browsing Internet at all.

I think it  is not related with  kernel modules. I put up  the ppp0 with
`pon' and the eth0 and usbd0 with `ifconfig'.

My mind is blank now, I don't know how can I make it work.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Yahoo! Móviles
Personaliza tu móvil con tu logo y melodía favorito
en http://moviles.yahoo.es