Re: Compiling kernel source

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 02:12:35PM -0500, David Turetsky wrote:
>    Following your instructions, I edited lilo.conf and commented out the
>    4 lines about image=/vmlinuz.old, which appeared with the new
>    image=/vmlinux entries, then ran lilo. Same problem. Rebooted. Same
>    problem. Ran tar, configure, make, make install again as su on the
>    PCTel package. Same problem
>
>    BTW, continuing my elementary education, how would you otherwise "fix
>    the symlink"

well i'm not sure if you've done it already, but what i meant was make
sure that it's pointing at what you think it's pointing at (i.e.: ls -l).
if it isn't, do

ln -sf /boot/vmlinuz-<yourversionhere> /vmlinuz

in lilo.conf, you should have an image=/vmlinuz (or /boot/vmlinuz)
which points to this symlink.  also, you don't want to comment out the
vmlinuz.old entries, they point to the second-most-recent kernel, in
the case that you find yourself booting with an unbootable kernel.

hth
	sean