Re: Compiling kernel source

heya,

the -bf2.4 is just a suffix added to say that the kernel
was the one that came with the bf2.4 installer (bf==boot floppies).
the kernel-source you want is kernel-source-2.4.18 (or .19, or .20).

your real problem right now is that you still seem to be booting
with your old kernel.  check that lilo.conf is pointing to the
right vmlinuz symlink, and if not, fix the symlink (or the entry
in lilo.conf) and re-run lilo.

hth
	sean

ps - any reason for the double spacing?