Hardware IDE ATA Raid 1 support in Linux Debian - Linux disapointment

        I've bought a Highpoint RocketRaid 100 card in order to have a fault
tolerant system. Unfortunately i didn't checked if it was supported under
Debian Linux.
        It turns out that although i could use it with RedHat, Suse,
Turbo,...,Linux they don't provide drivers for debian, they do provide a
"open source driver".
        Can someone tell me if it's possible, and how, to build a fault
tolerant (RAID1) system with this IDE controller. Has anyone got it to work
under Debian ?
        Thanks in advance

        I have to say one other thing, wich is the disappointmento with linux
in this concern, shouldn't there be "a Linux Driver" ?
	  I find drivers for Red Hat, Suse, Turbo, ... Linux but not for
Debian and specially not a "for Linux" Driver.

	Thanks again
	Pedro Ruivo