Samba shared directory

Hi,

I currently serve three WinXP machines with their home directories and a
read only archive directory. this all works fine. I want to supply a
communal directory that everyone can read and write to. I thought it
would be straight forward, but it hasn't been and I do not know why.

I created a directory \mnt\store\pub\everyone and made it 777.

I added the following to samba.conf

	[share]
	   comment		= Shared
	   guest ok		= yes
	   writable		= yes
	   create mask		= 777
	   directory mask	= 777
	   force user		= root
	   force group		= root
	   map archive		= yes
	   map system		= yes
	   map hidden		= yes
	   locking		= no
	   path			= /mnt/store/pub/everyone
	   public		= yes

The didectory appears on the Windows machine, but Windows users have no
access. What is the most likely thing I have got wrong? Anyone help.

Keith
--
  Keith O'Connell.                   -o)