kt3 ultra2 mobo and nfs problems (dma)?

Hi,

I recently bought a kt3 ultra2 mother board and I keep having problems
with it. The computer is running debian/testing (kernel self-compiled
from unstable deb 2.4.20). The issues are not easily reproducible but
here is what I learned so far:

(The machine is acting as a nfs server and has an ide-cd-burner)

*) Clients cannot connect to NFS server anymore (happens once a day,
usually the first time in the morning when I power up my workstation -
the nfs-client). The error I get is "nfs: task 20071 can't get a request
slot" - taken from /var/log/messages of the nfs-client. The only cure I
found is to reboot both the client and the server. Then everything seems
to work fine again.

*) Burning CDs and using nfs sometimes freezes the computer (kernel
panic)

*) Copying big files over NFS sometimes causes the same nfs problems I
usualy have in the moring (see first star)

Basically I assume (though this is more like a guess) that heavy network
traffic together with heavy ide traffic trigger some problems. I have
upgraded the mobo bios to the latest version available. I am not sure,
for some time I had the feeling the machine crashed less often since,
but then again, I have no statistics to back this up.

Since a week I have turned off DMA usage and everything seems to work
now -- although very very slowly of course.

I have googled for answers and have learned that right before 2.4.20
some related ide/dma patches for my chipset have been applied. But hey,
I am using 2.4.20, and still get problems (;

Has anybody else experienced similar problems?

regards,
Andreas