RE: Problems with Quake 3 Arena

>You either want to kill artsd or do an: >artsshell suspend; quake3.

I tried this. output in shell still shows that /dev/dsp is not available.
Note that I can listen to mp3s. Q3A can run without sound but not with.

Still need to try Q3A 1.32 point release though.

>Do you have any output from the console?
>Might be corrupt quake data files, or >your X or Quake display
configuration.

As indicated above, startup script exits with message about /dev/dsp being
unavailable. I can do fuser /dev/dsp and kill the process (as root). Then
when I restart message is still there that /dev/dsp is busy or unavailable.

This only happens in KDE. In twm or lighter window managers after loading
the map Q3A freezes (this can reportedly be fixed by using 1.32 point
release.

But I wonder why does Q3A see /dev/dsp as busy or unavailable when clearly
it isn't...

Thanks guys!!!

Davor