Re: killing a 'D' process

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 12:04:04AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Jeffrey L . Taylor <jeff@austinblues.dyndns.org> [2003.02.12.2215 +0100]:
> > AFAIK, there is not any way to kill this short of rebooting.
>
> one more proof that Linux is actually flawed. going BSD...
> it seems that popularity of a software is indirectly proportional to
> its correctness. oh my lord.

When I worked with 4.3BSD many years ago, there was the same situation.
There was no way of eliminating a process in an uninteruptable sleep.
It might have changed in later BSDs, but it not only a Linux thing.
Unix has been like that for ages.  It might be that Unix is flawed, but
moving to BSD is certainly not a cure for that :-)

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://sights.seindal.dk/