Re: Deb-List Subject Line Tag?

on Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:20:32AM +1300, Srinivasan Ranganathan insinuated:
> Scalar wrote:
> >This isn't about debian but about the list..
> >
> >Would it be acceptable for the listserver to add a few letters at
> >the beginning of the subject to distinguish the list from other
> >email?
>
> Thats what I thought when I joined this list a few days ago.
>
> >If the listserver appended something like "DEB " to the front of a
> >non-reply subject, it'd make these posts much easier to sort
> >through.
> Use a filter like...  If Sender is 'debian-user@lists.debian.org',
> move to folder 'Debian-Users'
>
> Any half decent mail client should let you do this.

or use procmail -- even if you don't want to filter it, you can put it
there yourself:

:0
* ^X-Mailing-List:.*debian-user@lists\.debian\.org
{
  # filters the header through the following pipe
  :0 fh
    # if the subject line isn't already DEB ...
    * ! ^Subject.*\[DEB\]
    # ... then make it be!
    | sed -e "s/Subject:/Subject: [slug]/gi"

  :0  # then, when you're done, save it to the folder you want.
  $MAILDIR/debian-users/
}

</nori>

--