Re: help starting x please

pinhas wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to Linux, and trying to start a new machine (headfirst dive into the microsoft-free world). I've tried going throught the install several times (woody), and I can't get X started- i get a no screens error. I'm using an nvidia geforce2 mx200 with an athlon xp chip. I would appreciate any help on what i can do to configure the graphics to work correctly.
Thanks!

as root: XFree86 -configure
to generate an X11 config file.
Copy to /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and start improving it
to install other things proper such as mouse, monitors, etc.