Re: maildir vs. mbox vs. mh ???

* Vineet Kumar (debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net) [030210 16:28]:
> I don't think mutt even really nails the hierarchical presentation bit
> when used as an IMAP client.  I don't even know that mutt supports IMAP
> folder browsing and subscribing, though in fairness I haven't used it
> extensively.

Wrong again; it does =)

Mutt supports browsing IMAP directories, indicating them as "IMAP" for
"regular" imap directories or "IMAP +" for directories that contain both
messages and subdirectories.  The toggle-subscribed command (bound to
'T' by default) does as its name indicates: toggling between displaying
subscribed folders only or browsing all folders.  Mutt allows you to
subscribe and unsubscribe from folders as well.  I think its handling of
"IMAP" vs "IMAP +" folders is done very well: select-entry (<Return> by
default) will traverse into an "IMAP +" folder whereas view-file
(<Space> by default) will open an "IMAP +" folder to see the messages it
contains.

Mutt also supports setting the hierarchical separators (defaulting to
"/.", which accommodates courier's maildir subfolders).

So in short, I was wrong to ever doubt it; mutt is one rockin' IMAP
client.

good times,
Vineet
--