Re: More detailed post ...

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 01:22:04PM -0500, Daniel Barclay wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 03:46:53PM -0500, Daniel Barclay wrote:
> > > But how would you propose I do that?  Do a "View Source" on every
> > > message?
> >
> > Use a mailer that supports it automatically, like mutt or (I believe)
> > modern gnus?
>
> I should change mail software just for the Mail-Followup-To: header?

I don't actually care all that much what you do, to be honest: I have
far too many other things to care about. You did ask, though. I'd be
happy for you to default to not cc'ing people on Debian lists unless
explicitly requested, as you did with the message I'm replying to.

> > default on Debian mailing lists is stated there as not to copy the
> > original poster.
>
> So Debian ~standardized on a pattern that can't be handled by standard
> Reply vs. Reply-to-All functions?

Please go and read the many, many rants that have been written on this
subject. Google will find them easily. I'm not going to regurgitate them
here, beyond saying that reply/reply-to-all has turned out not to a
sufficiently rich model for mailing lists. The solutions people advocate
for fixing this vary.

Regards,