Re: good sources.list

"Willem-Jan Meijer" <meyer3@chello.nl> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've got a question about apt and dselect.
> ATM sources.list contains:
>
> Deb http://devel-home.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main
> Deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> Deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
> Deb http://people.debian.org/~kov/debian woody gnome2
>
> I was wondering this is _enough_. Of course it's enough, Debian is running
> well, but maybe there are other important sources not listed abouve.
>
> If there are suggestions, tell me. I'm running woody 3.0r0 with kde3.1

That should be enough if all you want are official debian packages from
the stable distribution.
You might also want to check http://www.apt-get.org for unofficial
packages you might want to intall.

Also, debian developers will sometimes put sources for experimental
packages on their website (people.debian.org) that you might want to
install if you just can't wait for the next release. For example, ljlane
(people.debian.org/~ljlane) used to have experimental Enlightenment17
packages available for testing, but that's an extreme example.

If there's anything in particular that you want that you cant find from
the above sources, posting a question here will often result in an
unofficial source that's not listed elsewhere.