Re: KPilot and USB woes :(

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 03:59:16PM +0530, Jeetu Golani wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a Debian 3.0 with KDE 3.1 and am using KPilot to sync with my Palm m505
> over the USB cradle. Have also installed the hotplug package. The USB
> interface and modules seem to be in order and lsmod shows everything
> expected.
>
> When I press the HotSync button the console shows the right msgs i.e. ttyUSB0
> and ttyUSB1 are bound.
>
> When I try to use KPilot, it doesn't hotsync though :( shows the Device Link
> as ready and then that's it :(

I can't speak directly about the m505 and Kpilot but I just tried to use
jpilot and/or pilot-link with a Zire and the versions of jpilot and
pilot-link in Sarge didn't work. I installed the versions from Sid and
now it does work. I don't really like having to use Sid packages though.
I also tried to sync a Palm m500 with the Sarge versions and that didn't
work either.

--
Ron Golan
GPG key http://home.attbi.com/~rgolan/gpg.asc