Re: nvidia drivers conflicting with mesa opengl drivers.

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 03:43:31PM +0100, Wim De Smet wrote:
> I have on my system the nvidia drivers installed, and these provide the
> (propietary) nvidia opengl drivers. But I can't seem to get apt-get to
> remove xlibmesa because it seems to need that, while it shouldn't
> because I have another openGL version installed. Does anybody know how
> to solve this dependency problem?

Sure.  Don't remove xlibmesa.  You don't have a dependency problem, you
have an understanding problem.  The nvidia drivers aren't high-level.

The nvidia driver provides the low-level stuff.  You have to have xlibmesa
if you want to actually USE it.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude
 msw@cox.net |     is the school of genius.