Re: shuttle disaster

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 12:06, DvB wrote:
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> > > Yeah, but that only accounts for the Afghan War last year, and
> > > *possibly* North Korea.  Iraq is his own doing here.
> >
> > You mentioned "Department of Homeland Security, with most of it in the
> > Transportation Safety Administration".  That would have happened with
> > or without Iraq.
> >
> > Oh, and btw, it was the Democrats pushing to have all of the baggage
> > screeners federalized, in the notion that would somehow make them
> > competent.
> >

> Last time I flew, I was actually very impressed with the competence of
> the baggage screeners relative to the old ones. I made comments to
> friends and family to that effect.

I wonder if the old ones were fired?  Would adequate pay have attracted
competent workers in the 1st place?  We'll never know...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net           |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ ron.l.johnson |
| "For me and windows it became a matter of easy to start    |
|  with, and becoming increasingly difficult to be produc-   |
|  tive as time went on, and if something went wrong very    |
|  difficult to fix, compared to linux's large over head     |
|  setting up and learning the system with ease of use and   |
|  the increase in productivity becoming larger the longer I |
|  use the system."                                          |
|   Rohan Nicholls , The Netherlands                         |