Re: shuttle disaster

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 09:12:36PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Only anarchists believe that government should not exist, and American
> conservatives & libertarians are most emphatically *not* anarchists.
> They more or less believe in a limited Federal government.

So when do they start practicing what they preach?  Within my
lifetime, Reagan put the US $3 trillion dollars into the hole, the
first Bush added another trillion dollars and the largest tax increase
in American history, the current Bush proposes increased millitary
spending and shifting the tax burden on the poor and the single
largest increase in federal staff (Department of Homeland Security,
with most of it in the Transportation Safety Administration).

Oddly, wasn't it under the Clinton administration that we saw an
increase in human services and still turned a surplus without
increasing taxes?  Seems like that's the kind of economics we should
be aiming for; hopefully we'll return to something like that before
the tax-and-spend conservatives kill us economically and socially.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user