Re: How to use Tahoma font under Debian ?

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 06:43:20PM +0100, Dominique Deleris wrote:

>  Dominique> Hello everybody,
>  Dominique> I have just installed the following packages, in order to use
>  Dominique> TrueType fonts under Sarge:
>  Dominique> - msttcorefonts
>  Dominique> - x-ttcidfont-conf
>
>  Dominique> It works quite well, except that I would like to use the Tahoma
>  Dominique> font. Yes, I own a MS License, so I can do it :-) But how?
>
>  Dominique> I have tried to add the .ttf files to /usr/share/fonts/truetype/,
>  Dominique> and then to run `dpkg-reconfigure x-ttcidfont-conf`. But I get
>  Dominique> the following error message:
>
>  Dominique> The font "-microsoft-tahoma-medium-r-normal-*-*-110-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1"
>  Dominique> does not support all the required character sets for the current locale
>  Dominique> "en_US"
>  Dominique> (Missing character set "ISO8859-1")
>  Dominique> (Missing character set "ISO8859-1")
>
>  Dominique> What can I do?
>
>  Dominique> Thanks in advance...
>
> Anybody ?

Dunno if the d-r line above is enough, so have you tried the traditional
'mkttfdir' and 'mkttfalias' dance?  It's been long enough that I can't
even remember the steps, but I bet google does...I do know that I have a
bunch of MS fonts installed and working, and they sure have the
ISO-8859-1 charset (along with a bazillion others).

-rob