Re: exim-tls setup

[Sorry to come in so late...]

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:22:40PM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 02:36:52PM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > And just to be COMPLETELY thorough, here's all the related packages I
> > have installed:
> >
> > libpam-modules 0.76-7
> > libpam-runtime 0.76-7
> > libpam0g       0.76-7
> > libpam-pwdfile 0.6-2
> > exim-tls       3.35-3
> >
> > That's about all I can think to check. :) Good luck.
>
> i'm denying completely the existence of pam, since in fact there
> must be no such thing. i'm using the crypteq facility which
> seems to nestle in between my ears and coo, which pam (if it
> existed) doesn't.
>
> :(
>
> so now onto this exim-tls thing...
>
> "SSL negotiation failed" (quelle suprise)
>
> how many thousand pages (and which order do your recommend) do i
> have to read before i can get THAT working? i've got one remote
> user who needs to relay email; it feels like i'm building a
> resort complex to accomodate a bluebird.

Ohhh, I know this one.  It's pretty simple in the end :)  Read the docs
that came with exim for the TLS section, it worked for me :)  Basically,
generate a public/private keypair on both machines, then they need to
trade keys.  Tell Exim to allow anyone who's authenticated to relay
(with 'host_auth_accept_relay = *') and you should be done.   You might
need to fiddle with some other options, depdning on your existing
authentication system, but that was enough for me...

-rob