Re: KMail(KDE 3.1)+GnuPG/MIME

On Monday 03 February 2003 1:33 pm, Peter Schüller wrote:
> Now I just have one problem.
>
> gpg-agent seems to fail to set the GPG_AGENT_INFO environment variable. I
> can cut'n'paste the command it outputs to set it, and it works for regular
> gnupg (if I don't, it says the agent is not available due to the lack of
> GGP_AGENT_INFO (g10/passphrase.c)).
>
> However, if I do that before starting kmail, kmail does not seem to
> propagate the environment to the child process it runs gnupg in. I.e.,
> exporting the variable manually doesn't help.

I don't know what the right way is but i just added these lines to
/usr/bin/startkde right after the  echo "startkde: Starting KDE" line

if [ ! `pgrep gpg-agent` ]; then
    eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon --default-cache-ttl 60)"
fi

works for me and also clears the password every minute for security purposes.

--
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the
result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain letters,