Re: XF86Config and Gidday

Hi All & Sid,

who is having some grief with gpm.

In the end, I did not use gpm, because I could not figure out how it worked....

A wee pain, if you are only at the console face, but otherwise bearable, I found.

YMMV.

ON the other hand, Debian does come with "Aussie Detection Features," coded by Kiwi hackerZ, to annoy those lesser mortals across the ditch.... ;-)

*HTH*

Greek Geek  :-)

"Why of course the people don't want war . . . But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship . . .Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger."
Hermann Goering,  Nazi leader, at the Nuremberg Trials after World War II

Sid Blackley wrote:

hello list,
The mail I recieved on subscribing said "submissions
by you will be returned" so I am testing yet another
ambiguity discovered on the Debian Highway.

To actually use the BW,, Having used <apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-k6
x-window-system wmaker> to upgrade a Debian 2r2 floppy
boot,, I am left with a 10mm/.5"sq graphic in
Windowmaker that moves around in imitation of a
cursor!
I have added the /gpmdata line in XF86Config-4 and
changed gpm.conf line to "raw".
This info coming from deja/google searches.
My question is:
What do i need to tell XF86Config to get a
'normalised' cursor? HW=standard ps2 mouse + Sis6326 Adaptor + Dell17FS
Monitor
*the system is dualbooted with Win95B (OSR2.2).

- What's on at your local cinema?