XF86Config and Gidday

hello list,
The mail I recieved on subscribing said "submissions
by you will be returned" so I am testing yet another
ambiguity discovered on the Debian Highway.

To actually use the BW,,
Having used <apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-k6
x-window-system wmaker> to upgrade a Debian 2r2 floppy
boot,, I am left with a 10mm/.5"sq graphic in
Windowmaker that moves around in imitation of a
cursor!
I have added the /gpmdata line in XF86Config-4 and
changed gpm.conf line to "raw".
This info coming from deja/google searches.
My question is:
What do i need to tell XF86Config to get a
'normalised' cursor?
HW=standard ps2 mouse + Sis6326 Adaptor + Dell17FS
Monitor
*the system is dualbooted with Win95B (OSR2.2).

- What's on at your local cinema?