Re: pppd on demand trouble

Nathan E Norman wrote:
On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 04:59:13PM -0600, Donald Spoon wrote:

John Hasler wrote:

Donald Spoon writes:

-Snip- <

It uses the presence of this file as a "trigger" to decide whether to
start the pppd program in the demand mode at boot time or not.

No.  It uses the presence of this file as a "trigger" to decide whether to
start the pppd program at bootup.  Whether or not it starts in demand mode
depends on how the "provider" peer is configured.

I thought that is what I said.  I don't get the "difference"...

No, you said the file acted as a trigger to start ppp _in demand
mode_.  It's right there in the quoted section. :-)

I suspect you meant to say what John said but careless sentence
construction resulted in something else (no offense meant).

Yeah..you are right. It is another case of "do what I mean not what I say" <grin>.

I suffer from being a Missouri "hick" and living in Texas. Communicating is sometimes a problem....

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-